Ductless systems can be used as the primary or secondary heating and cooling solution for a variety of applications for your residential home or commercial business. Ductless mini split heat pump heating and cooling systems feature streamline mounted indoor units paired with quiet and compact outdoor units. There are many ways to configure this efficient and effective yet modern and versatile system. Ductless systems are designed to heat or cool spaces that may lack or cannot accommodate ductwork. DALTON Heating and Cooling offers a full line of maintenance, repair, replacement and installation sevices for ductless systems all around the greater Rochester area.
Control Zones Independently
These systems use a zoning function, meaning they can heat or cool specific rooms or multiple areas independently of one another, giving you more range and control to maximize your comfort. If some areas in your home never seem to be the right temperature, a ductless system is often an excellent solution. Whether it is the hot sun shining through living room windows or a central HVAC system that simply can’t keep up with the demands of your heating and cooling needs, a ductless system is often the ideal solution.
Ductless Mini Split Heat Pump Applications
Ductless mini split heat pumps are increasingly being used in these situations:
- Homes with costly electric heat (e.g., baseboard; furnace; wall heaters; electric radiant)
- Older homes with no ductwork (e.g., radiators or baseboard heat)
- Homes with expensive central heating systems due to high fuel costs or low system efficiency.
- Additions or outbuildings (e.g., shed, barn, garage) where extending ductwork or cooling/heating capacity is not feasible.
- Rooms that are not regularly occupied (indoor unit can be turned off to save money).
- Spaces adjacent to unconditioned spaces where ductwork would be exposed to harsher temperatures (e.g., a guest room above a garage).
- New construction of homes in areas with high fuel costs.
- Older buildings with no existing ductwork or for expansions.
- Ductless systems make use of a double-filtration system, helping to reduce pollutants like dirt, dust, pollen, and mold spore from your home’s air.
Single-zone applications are ideal for those heating and cooling specific rooms or zones that are more difficult to keep warm or cool than the rest of the house including additions, converted living spaces, garages, vaulted ceilings, sunrooms, office space, bedrooms, basements, attics and tiny homes.
Multi-zone is capable of keeping your entire home or office comfortable. This multi-zone configuration also allows you to control each zone from a central location, thus allowing you to only heat and cool the zones you want to use.